A MORNING AT STAFORD SCHOOL FILLED WITH COLOURS!
On 28th April,2017 a colouring competition was held at Staford Pre-Schools. The students were engaged in the six learning benefits of colouring through this competition-
- Fine Motor Development: Colouringhelps children develop good finger grip. It provides an opportunity to practice holding a pencil the correct way and aids in developing those fine motor muscles in their hands, fingers, and wrist.
- Concentration: Colouring requires good concentration and this type of focusing on one task can help a child develop his or her overall concentration levels.
- ColourRecognition: Colouring in activities encourages colour awareness of all Primary and lesser known colours.
- Hand & Eye Coordination: Colouring assists in the development of hand & eye coordination as the child learns to colour within the specified area.When children first start colouring they will have a tough time keeping within the lines but as they progress their skill will increase. Staying inside the lines takes considerable skill and when they master it they gain a sense of pride and achievement.
- Sense of Pride and Achievement: We need to give young children every opportunity to gain self-confidence and a sense of self-worth. If they can create something that is aesthetically pleasing, then this will help in the positive development of their personality.
- Creativity:Colouring stimulates creative thinking. Children can develop a drawing style and enjoy making an imaginary world.. As their confidence grows, they are more likely to take risks and experiment with colour, patterns, and special effects with pencil or marker strokes.
The little ones spent an enjoyable morning colouring to the heart’s content!